May is a HUGE month for us! Not only are we releasing some brand new hot-off-the-press designs that we are just ecstatic about, BUT we are revealing them in beautiful booth #2049 at The National Stationery Show in New York City May 18-23rd! We're excited to see all our favorite paper people and doing a bit of exploring in between set up and show time. Now that our booth is built and tested, the new product printed and packed, the question is - what should we pack for a Spring week in New York City? Since we're veteran show-goers, here's our list of must-pack items for Spring in New York.
- Prepare for weather. You never know when east coast weather is going to change, so you are best to pack in some light rain gear in the case you are caught in a shower. We love this compact floral umbrella from Paper Source.
- Pack layers of fun silhouettes. A light military jacket is a chic way to fight the chill of the blustery wind in the city - this belted utility jacket from Gap is flattering. For jeans, opt for something with a cool detail, like these ruffled hem jeans from Zara. An assortment of nice blouses pack well, and always looked polished (above: Light Blue Tuxedo Shirt from Banana Republic).
- A sweet little purse in blush to carry your journals for sketching + writing.
- Comfortable cute shoes. Prepare yourself for lots of walking in New York City by gearing up on some slip-ons from Dr. Scholl's.
- Accessorize with bright colors for a modern look. Add some flair to your jacket with our enamel pins. Need tips on how to style your enamel pins - see this post from earlier this month! Don’t forget to your statement earrings - we love these from Madewell to complete the look. And you always need to protect your peepers and pull off that runway model look with these great tortoise shell sunglasses!